Sunday, May 11, 2014

More Modern Blocks

Just to give credit where credit is due, I want to refresh your memory on where our ongoing block project started:


This is the book, full of blocks and quilts.  If you need one, just call us (651-429-1039) and we will take care of your order.

Today, we share blocks 16-19.
16, 17, 18, 19

Each little block is a show in itself, the fabrics and shapes have a story to tell.  If you are making any of these blocks, would you share your pictures?  You can contact us via the comments or the store email:  info@bearpatchquilting.com.

Our tour of sewing rooms continues!  Today we get a peek inside Anne's creative space at home.  Thanks for sharing, Anne!  And nice space for working and planning, and a good home for your machines!  I see you are also into the bright light game, there is just never enough light, especially when I am trying to rip out black thread from black fabric!



Once a few years ago, I visited an Amish woman, Mary, at her farmhouse.  Nothing electric inside.  Gas lights and wood burning stove.  She is a quilter, and has a treadle machine but does a lot by hand.  She showed her quilting frame, right by a window so she would get the best light that she could.  I wish I could find a gas-powered Ott light for her!  I think they did have a gas powered generator for some of the farm machines, but I don't think indoor lighting was a priority.  

So let's count ourselves lucky for having light, and lots of it!

No comments: