Monday, July 16, 2012

Busy Bees

We are working like busy bees getting ready for the upcoming Quilt MN Shop Hop (Aug. 3-20).  It involves the creation of quite a few samples that use the focus fabric in the best way possible.  Then organizing the patterns and notions that are required, along with cutting and preparing kits for many of the projects, consumes a whole lot of our busy bee energy.  But it is all worth it when we pull the loose ends together and get feedback from our valued customers.  

In addition, I get to put on my designer cap and put together one or more exclusive patterns for the store.  Some of you might know that I have done this in years past, plus I have enjoyed publishing some other patterns along the way.  This year I decided to take on the task of coming up with a good way to use the 4 large printed panels that were designed.  They really look like vintage posters, the quality is great.  They measure about 11" x 15".  I decided to come up with 4 different border alternatives.  They are all 3" blocks.  Here's a snapshot that I took to put on the pattern cover:

 They could be hung together or separately, depending on your space.  I'm thinking I might hang them all in a row in my hallway.
But I couldn't just stop there.  There needed to be a quilt pattern, too.  I went for something quite different for me, and maybe for you, too.  But I ended up really liking it, so I hope you do, too!  The picture below is not the actual quilt, it is a digital rendition of the fabrics and blocks.  The real deal is still on my quilt frame!  

This uses a little of all of the fabrics (except the panels).  It is often called the Spiderweb or Kaleidoscope block.  I have titled it Pie In The Sky, because I like pie and it looks like big slices of pie to me!  The strips are all cut at varying widths (so not much matching seams to do!) and sewn to a stabilizer.  The light areas are made using a kite-shaped ruler/template.  It was really fun to put together!  I see more of these in my future!  Kits are being cut and packaged and we are taking requests for everything that you love.  Watch here for updates with more fun!

Wishing you a happy day of quilting!
Pam

No comments: