Saturday, May 23, 2015

Bits from Quilt Market

I have a hodge-podge of pictures taken at quilt market a week ago.  I didn't take as many pictures as usual.  (Sorry!)  I will do better next time!

Some interesting "big stitch" hand quilting.  I was thinking of my Slow Sew group when I saw this.


One of our long-time favorites, Stitchin' Sisters, with a couple new patterns.  Making good use of plastic screen and tape measures!  Watch for a class on how to use these hardware store staples in your next sewing project!



A galaxy of beautiful thread colors at Superior Threads--




Some quilting that caught my eye, which might end up in a quilt of my own.  It seemed pretty easy and forgiving, 2 key features of a good quilting design!




Ordering fabric at Moda can be a bit overwhelming.  The 2 pictures below show some samples of some of the fabric we ordered for the store.




And we really enjoyed the fabulous booth at Buttermilk Basin!  She is local, so transported a lot of display pieces and props for her booth.  It felt like walking into an old time general store!  We purchased several of her patterns, and here are some examples:



No comments: